Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Baby!!

My youngest son, who is 17, is my baby. He's going to be a senior this fall, and this afternoon we went and had his graduation photos taken.

Gulp! I can't believe my little boy is so grown up. I waited so long to be a mother, and it's gone by so very fast. I wish I had one of those "way back machines" Mr. Peabody had so I could go back and send another day with my children when they were 3 and 5 and play in the wading pool with them, take our sandwiches to the park for a picnic, and cuddle up on the sofa all together and read a bunch of their Little Golden Books. Such treasured memories.

The greatest accomplishment of my life, and my greastest joy, has been my children. I'm so glad I was given this gift of motherhood. If you feel the same way, go give your little ones (or, as in my case, my tall ones) a big hug!

2 comments:

Tara said...

AMEN Sista!!!

Rach said...

Wow, I can't believe he is a senior this year. You'll have to post the pictures when you get them!