Friday, July 8, 2011

The New Dog

Our dog Jasper turned two years old July 1st. He's a sweet, silly dog and was in serious need of a haircut. I've been cutting his bangs over the past two years so he could see better, but this time he needed a full body job. Being part husky he gets this thick winter undercoat that keeps him comfortable in snowy times, but has lately made him miserable.

When I found out that a grooming job just to take out the undercoat would cost more than $100 and then the haircut would be another $80 or so I freaked out. Instead I went out and bought a pair of heavy duty dog clippers -- $68 -- and AJ, Kevin and I did the job ourselves.

Now I know why the groomers charge so much. It took us 2-1/2 hours!! Here are the results:

BEFORE

AFTER

He looks so different, and so much smaller! Now that he doesn't have the width added by all that hair and fur we can see that he really isn't that big of a dog after all.

It was a lot of work, but it was fun and I think he's going to be a much happier puppy dog this summer!

No comments: