We served it with a green salad and garlic bread. Very good! Hope you try it and enjoy it!
· 2 onions, chopped
· 2 pounds lean ground beef
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 cups water
· 1 jar tomato based pasta sauce (approx. 26 oz.)
· 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
· 2 bay leaves
· black pepper to taste
· 2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
1. Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
2. Add water, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaves and pepper. Allow to come to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
3. Add in the in the macaroni, cover and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender (about 20-25 minutes).
4. Discard bay leaves and serve.