Monday, November 16, 2009

An Eventful Day

Today is a special day.  I've already posted about Kevin turning 18, but it's also a big day for AJ.  This afternoon he turned in his mission papers.

Our bishop was called to be the new Stake President yesterday, so when he called AJ to his house he said he was tempted to just shoot them out to Salt Lake.  At ant rate, he hopes to get his call in a couple of weeks.

For those of you who don't know, AJ tried to put in his papers a year ago and was told he had to lose 60 pounds first.  It was heartbreaking for him; he wanted to go so badly.  But he never gave up.  This past year has been trying, but he's done it.  And he's proven that he won't let any obstacle get in his way.

I'm so proud of him and excited for him I could burst.

Yep, it's a big day around here!

8 comments:

Mel said...

That is so great. Way to go AJ. Can't wait to hear where he is going. Glad you had a wonderful day celebrating all the good news.

Dirk and Trish said...

That's awesome! He'll be such a great missionary. I'm sure it will be an even better experience because he's already put so much effort into it.

Karla said...

Yippeeeeeeeee! So glad he doesn't have to wait till after Christmas to put his papers in....he's had to wait LONG ENOUGH. Let me know what happens. I think Montreal Canada would be a cool place to go (wink, wink....I served there).

Rach said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you guys!! I can't wait to hear where he is going! I would LOVE to take some missionary pictures of him if you don't already have some.

COKE FAMILY said...

I'm so proud of him! Give him a big Congratulations from his OLD primary teacher!

Tara said...

YaHOOOOO!! I can hardly wait to hear where he's going!!! You better call me the minute he gets his call!!!! He's going to be a fantastic missionary!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh! I feel so happy and so sad all at the same time!! Keep us updated!!
Btw, AJ, I am so impressed that you worked so hard where many (including myself) would have just given up!! I truly admire you!

Tiffany said...

P.S. I'm praying he gets called to the Ogden Utah Mission....then we can take good care of him!!