Friday, February 19, 2010

One of My Favorite Things

Ice Dancing starts tonight at the Olympics, and I wanted to share my favorite ice dancers of all time -- Jayyne Torvill and Christopher Dean from England. They won the gold in the 1984 Olympics, and I believe they are the qunitessential ice dancers ... the ones everyone else wants to emulate. Dean went on to choreograph for other dancers. [Note: Christopher Dean currently lives in my home town, which makes me very happy!] This is not their gold winning performance, but it is my favorite of their routines set to Simon and Garfunkle's "Cecilia". Enjoy!


2 comments:

Rach said...

What a fun routine! That cracked me up in the beginning when he kept scooting closer to her. I love it when skaters let their personalities come out in their routines.

Tara said...

Bravo!! Seriously...my all time favorite S&G song EVER!! You should have seen me jammin' out to it on the way home from MS with Jason. I have it on my MP3 player! That was great!!