Friday, February 5, 2010

A THOUGHT FOR THE WEEKEND

I'm thinking about fate.  Today, in lieu of a famous quotation, my thoughts are on my husband Stan.  Today is his birthday, and I have a mixture of feelings. 

First and foremost, I am grateful that he is in my life.  I didn't get married until I was 32, and it seemed a long wait to me.  I prayed for many years that the Lord would bless my future husband with patience, and to let his heart know I was looking for him.  And ... just when I had about convinced myself that marriage and a family were not in my future, Stan showed up! 

To me he is the perfect husband.  He supports me, encourages me and spurs me on.  I remember we had a lot of problems in the beginning because of things that happened to me when I was young.  He was patient, and gentle and helped me through it all.  He still does.

Now I don't know if I believe in fate, or predestiny or those sorts of things.  But this I do believe: that he was meant for me and me for him.  And today as we celebrate his birth, I want to post this telling the world that I love him and wish him the Happiest Birthday of all time!

3 comments:

Rach said...

What a sweet post, Maureen. Sounds like he is the perfect man for you. Happy Birthday Stan!!

Amber Miskin said...

That is so sweet! You two really are perfect for each other.

COKE FAMILY said...

That is wonderful! I know what you mean with marriage. Although I wasn't married to the greatest guy until I was 34. It was definitely worth the wait! Sounds like it was for you too.