Monday, March 8, 2010

My Father the Missionary

The big news in our family right now is that my father has been called on a mission!  We're so excited for and proud of him.

He'll be working from his own home, and it's right up his alley.  He's been the director of the Family History Center for the past few years in their town so it seems only natural that he would be called to work in genealogy.

For four hours per day he will be available to work on his phone and computer to help people with their genealogical research.  And he will be handling calls from all over the country. 

When someone calls Salt Lake City asking for assistance with their research, the operators there will forward the call to my father's home phone.  He will walk the caller through the steps to deal with whatever difficulty or problem they are having.  He's very excited and I know he'll be great in this new, one year mission.

So, here's to you, Elder Hillyard!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Awesome!! I think that would be a great mission call, maybe it would even help me get my genealogy done. He must really know a lot about it if he will be taking calls from all over. What exciting news!!