Monday, June 6, 2011

Mullis BBQ

Summer weather is finally here! Yay! And that means barbecue season is upon us!

When I married Stan, I married into a family of barbecue fanatics. His family does something called "The Mullis BBQ" which is usually done when we're all together or have a crowd to feed. We've learned how to scale it down for us, but it's still a feast and a half! And Stan has asked for it for Father's Day.

Basically it's BBQ steak, chicken and sausage accompanied by baked beans, salsa, garlic bread and a relish tray. It's heavenly.

A couple of years ago I made a mixed berry Pavlova for dessert which was amazing and I think I might do it again.  It's a plate sized meringue topped with homemade whipped cream, and covered with mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) in a raspberry sauce. I seriously think you could do the Pavlova as a meal in itself.

Since Stan works on Father's Day we'll be having our Mullis BBQ the Wednesday after, but it'll still be fun!  So glad the warm weather is here and we can fire up the grill. Love this time of year!

No comments: