Monday, May 21, 2012

One Lucky S.O.B.

Today is Stan's and my 24th Anniversary! I woke up to my favorite dark chocolates and a card that had this on the envelope:


Stan wrote me a poem for this anniversary. I love his poems, they make me feel treasured and loved. And as we now are facing a new adventure, this poem is especially sweet to me.

Every day I love you more
Sweeter than the day before
Each hug, each kiss a golden treasure
A secret trove far beyond measure

Years in the making this priceless hoard
Given piece by piece from one adored
Gratefully accepted then stashed away
Waiting silently till this special day

No need to count or weigh these riches
They fill up rooms and halls and niches
They're found throughout, in every part
And the sum of all is in my heart


I am so grateful for the past 24 years, the family we have and the love we share. The future right now is a bit uncertain. but I can't think of anyone I'd rather face it with than Stan. I am one blessed woman. Thank you Mr. Mullis!


May 21, 1988

No comments: