Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Night Supper

I recently gave one of my favorite recipes to my best friend to try, and found myself wanting it too. I made it tonight and we all enjoyed it. It's an easy and tasty meal good for Saturday night when you want something simple to serve with a green salad and not a lot of effort. My boys even enjoyed it when they were little, probably because it's made with breakfast sausage and who doesn't like that? Here it is!


CHILI SAUSAGE SUPPER


1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 package (7 or 8 oz) wide noodles
1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder

In large skillet, cook and stir meat, onion and green pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain off fat. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Cover; simmer 30 minutes or until noodles are tender, adding more water if necessary to prevent sticking. 4 to 6 servings.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Yep! We're havin' it this week!!