Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Finally Here!

It looks like summer weather is finally here! After months of winter lingering we are having a gloriously beautiful day. I am so happy! Time for BBQs, picnics, outdoor adventures and blue blue skies with white fluffy clouds. Who could ask for anything more?

I am editing my last book -- once again -- to send out to a couple of agents who are interested in looking at it. Working on the outline for the next one, which isn't going too well. I'm hoping the good weather gets me back in story telling mode. I've got all these plots running around in my head, and I have to get them down on paper.

Schools coming to an end. AJ took his finals last week, Kevin will take his the week after Memorial Day. Looking forward to summer SO MUCH! I'd love to host a big BBQ with my friends. I guess I'm in a party mood. Yipee!

This is a recipe I got from my mother last year, and it is very yummy, and refreshing on a hot summer day. You can steep your own tea to make it, or use some of the instant if you can find it. It also works well with the diet soda if you prefer, which is what I usually use. I hope you like it!

4 bags of herbal peach tea
4 cups boiling water
1 2-liter bottle ginger ale
Steep the tea in the water then remove bags. Mix with ginger ale and serve over lots of ice.

No comments: