Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Grateful Heart

My good friend Tara went through surgery today. I have been praying for weeks that all would go well and that she will be feeling better soon. Her husband called to let me know that, while a couple of unexpected things happened (they were unable to do it laproscopically) she came through it all well. She will be spending a couple of nights in the hospital, and should be home and on the road to recovery by the end of the week.

I am so grateful that my prayers, and all the prayers of her family and friends who love her, have been answered. I know she still has a long road ahead of her, but the first step has gone well and she is going to get better.

I have always believed in the power of prayer. It is a gift, and I am so thankful for this blessing in my life; that I can go to my Heavenly Father with my concerns and my joys. My friend is doing well, and I can't wait to see her!

2 comments:

Dirk and Trish said...

Good to know. I was hoping to hear she was awake and well. Bummer for things not going as planned.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for loving my sister! She is so very blessed to have you.