Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Confess


Okay, I confess ....

You know those commercials for those blankets with the arms in them?  I made fun of them.  I thought to myself, "Why does anyone need one of those?  Put on a sweater and drape a blanket over your legs and get on with it."  Not very nice, I know.  But I found it to be a silly thing.

Over Christmas I saw the darned things everywhere!  I couldn't believe it ... who would buy one?

Then my mother gave me one for Christmas, and I must confess once more.  I'm crazy about the thing.  It is the most wonderful item I own.  I got sick the day after Christmas and I love cozying into it.  Plus, with three men in the house I can't put the heat up too high or they're all panting and complaining.  (You know how men are walking furnaces!) 

But my new blankie?  It's just super.  The last couple of days when I wake up and get ready for the day I tell myself I can go downstairs and get into my blankie with the arms. 

I am so sorry I badmouthed them.  If I was a famous person I would do their commercials for free!  I will never again make fun of something until I try it out.  I (sort of) promise....

Repentance is a good thing, and so is my blankie!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm eating my words with you my friend....those stupid commercials drove me CRaZY and I seriously wondered who would ever want one of those silly things. Someone gave my mom one and she LIVES in it and just LOVES it!!...but can I still think the ones for dogs are ridiculous without unfair judgement??? Please???

Rach said...

This post cracked me up!! I always saw those commercials and thought the same thing - "Can't you just use a blanket?" Maybe I should reserve judgement until I have tried one??

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a good thing I don't watch tv. I never saw the commercials, thus never got sick of them. We all got them for Christmas; and yes; they are very very nice.