Saturday, December 3, 2011

To Fudge or Not to Fudge



I have made no secret of the fact that I am a full-blown chocolaholic. It's a serious addiction, and I am not ashamed to admit it. Now comes my dilema. Do I make fudge this Christmas?

Should be a no brainer, right? You like chocolate, fudge is chocolate, make the fudge! The problem is my loyalty tends to lie with my Grandmother Hillyard's recipe for Refridgerator Fudge. This fudge you must keep in the fridge. When it's out it gets all soft and squishy. It tastes wonderful, very creamy and luscious. However, you can't really have a small plate of fudge sitting out which, really, isn't that the point? You want it out so you can eat it.

When we were roommates, my friend Beth made some of the old-fashioned fudge and ruined the pot she was cooking it in when she burned it. I scrubbed and soaked the pot for days and finally got it cleaned, only to have her burn another batch of fudge. That time the pot went in the dumpster.

The marshmallow creme fudge is pretty easy to make and is tasty. I've made it before and it came out really well. Good enough to put on plates of Christmas cookies to give away to friends. That's right, I said I gave chocolate away to friends. That's how much I love my friends!

So, the question is to fudge or not to fudge this holiday season? I'm thinking I may just have to do it. My chin is wet with drool just thinking abou it.


Isn't it beautiful??

No comments: