Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution Schmesolution

Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve ... and the time most of us start to think about New Year's Resolutions. And, nope, not gonna do it this year. Every year I make some resolution to do something new, make a specific change, etc. and it never happens. So this year I'm not even going to think about it.

Instead, I'm going to recommit myself to doing better at what I'm already doing. Number One: I want to work harder and keeping myself  in-sync with the Lord's spirit. I want to work harder at hearing what He wants me to do and then doing it. When my spirit aligns with His things go better for me so I am going to keep on working at that.

Number Two: I'm going to continue to remember to let those that I love know that I love and appreciate them. Specifically, to make sure my family doesn't feel like I don't love them with all my heart. Sometimes I get caught up in things and take them for granted. Since this summer I've been working at making sure that doesn't happen so much. Of course I slip up, but I am rededicating myself to making sure that my husband and boys know and feel that I love them.

Number Three: Keep writing and publishing the things I like to write, and also the things I like to read. If I like to read certain types of stories, then others probably do too. I also want to make sure that I support and help other writers as well. I've received so much help I want to pay it back.

Number Four: This is the harder one; to get moving more. I've set up a walking and bicycling plan for the new year that I intend to keep up. My poor old joints are telling me that the life of a writer is a good one for my brain, but hard on my body. I need to shake things up, including my booty once in awhile. I'm also going to start incorporating some meatless meals into my menu plans along with more fish. I'm actually excited to make these changes.

And that's it.  I'm going to continue doing the things that I have been doing, but be more dilligent and faithful in that regard. And to move more and improve some menu ideas for myself and my family.  No big, earth shattering changes in my life, just quiet, small steps that make big changes in my heart and soul. We've gone through some big challenges this year, and 2012 looks like it's going to hold a few more major upheavals. If I follow the path I'm already on, we should sail through it all intact.

Happy New Year to you all, and many blessings on your heads!

No comments: