Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The New Book is Finished!

I have finished writing my newest book. I am very excited about this one, and am going to be printing a "pass along" copy of it to share with those who wish to read it. I need to work on polishing it before sending it off to agents and publishers. I am hoping to find readers who are willing to read it and give me their feedback on: inconsistencies, typos, problems with plotline, things of that nature. If you're interested let me know. Here is a brief description of the book:

In the Company of Women is the story of one year in a group of seven women who are brought together when they join a women’s book club at their library. They are in a variety of stages and ages of their lives, but as they each face a different trial they realize that true friendship has no boundaries, nor does it have limitations.

Living in a small town in Colorado the women range in age from 28 to 77. They are divorced, widowed, and married. They are mothers, as well as longing to be mothers. They face health problems, marriage difficulties and financial situations they are not always prepared for.

The friends pull together to get each other through these difficulties they face with humor, love and their collective strengths. They teach each other how to let go of the past, how to embrace the future, and ultimately how to forgive not only those who have hurt them, but themselves for what they perceive as their personal failures. It is the story of how women sustain and complete each other and help each other to recognize what they really have.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I call first dibs!! I can't wait to read it! I really enjoy reading what you write...everytime!!

Rach said...

I would love to read it. I just finished a book I was reading and was going to start "Reality Check", I would love to read your new one too.

Teeples Family said...

Put me on the list! I just finished What would Nancy Do, and really enjoyed it. I'll e-mail you with some details! Thanks for sharing your work.

Maureen said...

Tara has the copy of the book. I would love to hear from all of you with suggestions, editing comments, etc.

Thanks for being my Beta Readers!