Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Getting Ready for the Parental Units

I am so pooped! My parents are arriving in a couple of days and I have been so busy cleaning and scrubbing and washing and ... and ... just getting ready for them. It's been about three years since we've had any company and we're excited.

My dad is the director of the Family History Center in their home town and is bringing his laptop so he can give me back my genealogy which I lost when our computer crashed. I'm trying to gather back together all the information I've gathered on Stan's family over the past 20 years. What a pain.

Anyway, my mom is one of those who keeps her house looking immaculate. And those of you who know me know that I am not like that. It's hard playing catch-up in a couple of weeks, but we'll get there. I know we'll have some good talks, and some adventures. They want to go to the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, and to the State Fair in Pueblo where Kevin and the band are scheduled to march in the parade and play inside the fair grounds as well. It'll be fun!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yippy! Can't wait to see 'em, too!

Rach said...

Parental units?? You CRACK me up! Hey, when you're done cleaning your house want to come over and clean mine? =) Enjoy your company, sounds like you have fun times planned!