Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Things Come To Those Who Blog

Earlier this week I talked about a bad day we were having ... trouble with our two cars and Kevin needing new lenses for his glasses.  It felt so overwhelming that I didn't know which way to turn.  I prayed that we would be given the wisdom and knowledge to find a way to take care of everything.

Well, good things do come to those who blog.  First, several of my sweet friends offered to drive us or help out if we needed to get somewhere.  And several also told us about a place where we would be able to purchase more affordable lenses for Kevin.  It warmed my heart to know that my friends cared enough to offer their assistance and to share their information like that.

Then the day afterwards my sweet friend Trisha called and said they had the same problem with their car window that we did and that her husband was willing to come over and see if he could help.  And he did!  It was so great ... he came over after work on Tuesday and helped Stan and Kevin get the window back up in position and fix it so it won't go back down until (and if) we decide to get it fixed at the repair shop.  Yeah!  Now we don't have to worry about the snow that's coming!

Last night my darling friend Tara and her husband brought us chocolate cupcakes, which was so great!  Chocolate is my drug of choice, and it really hit the spot, let me tell you!

Today another of my sweet friends, Sarah, called and offered us the use of a car that they are not currently in need of until we can get the van fixed, since the van cannot be driven until we get the coolant system repaired.  She was so adorable in her more than generous offer saying, "I'm not taking no for an answer," and "I don't have $600 to give you to fix the van, but I can let you use our car."  This is going to help out so much.  AJ is unable to attend his evening classes tonight because Stan had to go to work and cannot drive/pick him up as he did on Tuesday.  And getting him to work has been dicey too, plus with Seminary and school starting up next for Kevin again I didn't know how we were going to coordinate things since I won't have any money until late next week. 

I have to say, that terrible, horrible, no-good very bad day we had is turning out to be a lesson in love and generosity for our family.  And blessings are pouring down on us!  Thank you to all our friends!

1 comment:

Amber Miskin said...

That's great to hear Maureen! I love the support good friends can be!