Thursday, April 28, 2011

Something To Look Forward To

Stan made our hotel reservations for vacation last night and it has all of us just so jazzed! We're going up to spend some time in South Dakota in August and we can hardly wait! Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, the Black Hills, Devil's Tower, Custer State Park, a wild horse park, water parks, museums, and on and on. Even though we won't be going very far away, it's far enough that it already feels like a grand adventure. I haven't been to see Mt. Rushmore since I was a kid and it should be a wonderful experience to be there with my husband and sons.

There's also something about having something like this to look forward to. The anticipation of an experience is almost as wonderful as the experience itself.  We've already spent time online looking at all the things there are to do there.  Places to see, places to eat, planning to get some new summer togs; it all adds up to the summertime extravaganza!

With AJ going to summer school our trip will be later than we usually would be going, but maybe it won't be as crowded as it might be.  Kevin was saying I should get some classic vacation pictures, with my camera around my neck and sunscreen on my nose.  Sounds too funny and irresistable to not get a picture or two like that.  If I do I'll be sure to post it here.  And I hope you all plan something fun for this summer too!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Took that trip a few years back and we had a blast...call me if you want to know some fun places. For sure hit Alpine Inn in Hill City for Filet Mignon..

Rach said...

Yeah for vacations!! Hope you have a blast!

Tiffany said...

How exciting!! I've never been there but I'd sure like to someday. Take lots of pix for me!!

Amber Miskin said...

One day we'll go...this summer I plan on having a baby! :)