Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello and Goodbye

An emotional morning today.

First, I finally got to meet a friend. I've known Charlene for about four years or so, but we've never met face-to-face. She's been one of my beta readers on my novels, and we "play" and chat together on Facebook. A co-worker of my husband Stan, we've been unable to connect so far, but today we did!

We met at Gunther Toody's for breakfast, and it felt like getting together with an old friend. She is so cute and fun and easy to talk to, I know we'll be friends for a long time.



After breakfast we went to my friend Tara's. Today is a very sad day for me. Tara and her family are leaving today. They are moving to Utah. I'm happy for her; they'll be near family and friends again that I know she's missed and who have missed having her near. But I'm sad for me. Tara has been more than a friend to me. She's been a sister, and it will feel very lonely without her.
Safe journey, my sweet friend! You'll be missed......

No comments: