Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Blessings of Friendship

My friend Kristeen today hosted an Easter Brunch for a group of women that she loves and knows. I am fortunate to be included in that group. I love and admire her so much, and the invitation to join her and this amazing group of beautiful, acomplished women was a joy.

The food was amazing and plentiful and delicious. The women were funny, smart, interesting and we met and talked and ate and talked and talked and talked. I had such a good time!

Then she had all the items for us to make a special Easter lesson to take home and share with our families this weekend. What a thoughtful gesture! Even my 17 and 19 year old boys are excited for Sunday evening when we can open up the colored eggs she gave us with their messages and symbols of this precious holiday.

I have always believed there is nothing better than being in the company of good women, and today affirmed that for me. Thank you Kristeen, I love you!

3 comments:

Tara said...

It WAS a blast!!

Teeples Family said...

Thank you Maureen, for this sweet thoughtful post. I too had a great time with some wonderful women! It was long overdue. I am glad you came--you made it all the better. I am happy to know and love so many great women, who are incredible examples to me. Thank you for all that YOU do!

Rach said...

That really was a lot of fun. Kudos to Kristeen for putting it all together.