Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

This past weekend was General Conference for our church. What a wonderful kick-off for the week before Easter! My heart is full, and my mind and spirit have been challenged to be better and do more. It was wonderful.

Brother Uchtdorf, who is one of my favorites, reminded us that this life is not a sprint race. It is a race of endurance. A good thing to keep in mind when we are hard on ourselves for not being completely perfect in every way (nods to Mary Poppins!) I always say I may not be a show horse, but I can go the distance. He reminded me that is probably what is more important.

I am so grateful that we have this time, twice a year, to reevaluate ourselves, and to sit at the feet (so to speak) of these men who counsel us and teach us and feed our souls to help us keep going -- sort of a spiritual pit stop. I needed it. Now I can't wait for Easter!

5 comments:

Rach said...

That was a VERY good talk. I loved Elder Holland's as well. It is great to start this week with such a wonderful spirit in our home. We are all in the right mood to celebrate Easter now.

Tara said...

Yeah, you just have the HOTS for Pres. U. (however his name is spelled)

Tiffany said...

I LOVED conference again this spring. I am such a fan of Elder Holland and he gave the most beautiful account of the Savior's journey that I've ever heard. We are blessed to have living Prophets and Apostles.

Maureen said...

Okay, now that Tara's outted me about my crush on Pres. Uchtdorf ... what can I say?

Rachel and Tiffany are right--this is going to be a terrific week!

Teeples Family said...

I agree, Pres. U is a nice looking man!