Saturday, July 17, 2010

Staycation! (part one)

We started our staycation for 2010, and we are having a blast!  We went up to Denver and stayed a couple of days.  Visited a restaurant, Cinzetti's, that we've been hearing about for the past ten years.  It was so much fun.  Looked like a little Italian marketplace.  It's a buffet, so you should be hungry and feeling well.  I wasn't feeling that good, so I feel like I missed out a little on the experience, but what I did try was fantabulous!





Spent some time swimming then went to Dave and Busters where Stan and the boys had a great pool game that lasted until 11:30 that night! 




The next day we visited the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  What an amazing place.  Since it was near 100 degrees, let me tell you we were happy to be inside their air conditioned wonderment.  Saw an IMax film on the Hubble Telescope that was breathtaking.  Makes me want to double my recycle/reuse efforts and up my green living ways.  The planetarium show was fascinating too.

Kevin and AJ were brave and visited the BodyWorks show.  The idea of it gives me the shivers, but they said it was interesting to view those preserved bodies.  Not for me!



Anyhoo, things have started out fun for us, and I'm excited to see what we do next!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Sounds like your staycation is off to a great start! I'm sorry you were sick for Cinzetti's, that place is amazing. =( Can't wait to hear more!