Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Traditions

Have you ever had a moment when you see your mother in yourself? I think every woman has had this experience. I have, and it's not one of those things I really want to carry on. It's the old, kleenex up the sleeve, or inside the bra or wherever you happen to tuck the doggone things.

When I was a kid my mother always had kleenex falling from her. Like little white wads of dandelion fluff they'd filter out and drift around her. As a teenager it was embarassing. Especially if she happened to drag one out and offer it to me or my friend. Yikes!

The other day we were out getting the car taken care of, and I stopped in a public restroom and noticed this lump in my bra. Yep, you guessed it, the proverbial wad of tissues ready and waiting. What was I thinking?

From now on I think I'll carry on my mother's fried chicken recipe or her love of family history and leave the tissues in the box.

2 comments:

Tara said...

That's hilarious! I find myself (my mom) telling my kids that I'm gonna sell 'em to the gypsies! I guess, thankfully, with my mom...if that's the worst thing I can think of, it's not all bad! I'm one lucky daughter!

Tiffany said...

Yeah-sure Maureen....we know why you were REALLY stuffing your bra with tissues!!!!!!!!! They have surgeries to help in that area now if you need it. hee-hee