Monday, August 25, 2008

Feeling Nostalgic

I'm spending a lot of time reminiscing lately. Probably because we're working on AJ's missionary papers and Kevin is now a junior in high school. I feel a sweet sort of longing for the days when they were little, and yesterday an old photo fell into my lap!
This is a picture of AJ's first day of Kindergarten! It's about a month before his 5th birthday, and two and a half months before Kevin turned 3. They just look so sweet to me. I had waited so long to find Stan and have the boys (I was 32 when I married) and I remember the waiting taking so long! And these past twenty years have gone by so fast!
When I look at this photo, I know without a doubt that the Lord answers prayers. How many years did I ask him to answer my heart's desire to be a wife and a mother, and look what He blessed me with! I am one lucky woman.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have TOTALLY been feeling the same way these past few weeks as I've watched my kids go off to school. It seems like they grow a whole year in a day when they start a new older grade! Hey, I am on chapter 11 of Reality Check and I am absolutely LOVING it! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!

Teeples Family said...

You have some wonderful boys! We think the world of them! They have always been so respectful to me in every way--and as I asssociated with them in YMYW too. Though it's hard to see them grow up--they have grown up well! Way to go Maureen.

I too am loving Reality Check. You are one talented lady!

Tara said...

What a cute photo! Some days it doesn't seem like time is going quickly...like when the kids are fighting, or I'm tellin Tyler for the bazillionth time to stop pulling his sister's hair...but I know it does!
And about Reality Check...I really liked it when I read it!
(I just didn't want to feel left out!) :) hee hee

Rach said...

That is such a sweet picture!! I agree with Tara, sometimes it seems like the days last forever and then you look around and think "when did you grow up?" Reminds me of that song "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof. So, I am going to have to get this "Reality Check" from you, so I can comment on it like everyone else!!